POST-ROCK MUSIC

I luv exploring every kinds of music's genre. Last month a friend of mine introduced me to genre call post-rock.I luv this genre because it never fails to hypnotized me with da beautiful melody. Mostly songs dat in this genre were instrumentals or less stress on vocals aspect and compared to the melody.But still, da lyrics are beautiful and carries deeper meaning to those who luv to diggin it.I'm still new to this genre and pardon me if I have made a wrong descriptions about it. u can always refer to wikipedia for any other information. These three bands are my current favourites at the moment.



FURNITURE BAND

This are band are local bands of post-rock dat I knew at the moment.
Well I'm still diggin into this new musics and hope there is other local bands out there dat carries this genre. I intended to watch them play at the KL urbanscape last june but sadly I'm fully occupied with my term paper and have to settle tons of work before I ended my degree. One song from them, hush, the dead are dreaming are enough for me to fall in love with this genre. After listening to other tracks from the album, twilight chase the sun, I found dat each tracks possesed their own uniqueness and shows a lot of effort in order to create these such beautiful melody.As for this band, I hope dat they will not stop in composing songs and I'm waitin for their second album. All da best for this band!

click here to listen




MOGWAI

The tunes of piano in every song from this band are sooo beautiful. I wish dat I able to play their song on the piano. I wonder what kind of soul dat they might have while composing da song. Apart from piano tunes of every song, da drum part, guitar are all soulful and never fails to hynotize da listener. Most of da song are instrumental but there are songs dat have vocals part like travel is dangerous. I'm currently listening to almost all mogwai's song and I found dat I'm addicted to these two tracks. Friend of the night and travel is dangerous.For those who tired of listening to crappy lyrics,rapping, continuously singing and just want to relax enjoying instrumental song, I suggest for you to listen to mogwai. Enjoy!


Mogwai - friend of the night

Mogwai - travel is dangerous




SIGUR ROS

Sigur ros is a post-rock band from Iceland with a meldic, classical and minimalist elements. The band is known for ethereal sound and lead singer Jónsi Birgisson's falsetto voice. Yeap falsetto.
voice like ning baizura or tarja turunen ex-singer nightwish. I only started listened to the songs from band last few days. I'm in love with their song staralfur. The song are very beautiful and relaxing. Because of the band are from Iceland, the songs are all in Icelandish and hopelandish, language of Iceland. If I'm not mistaken, there are songs in english.. I'm not quite about this. I'm still diggin da songs. Overall, I love da melody. Only one word is enough for all da songs from this genre(post-rock). They are all BEAUTIFUL. ho ho


Sigur ros - staralfur


*****************************************************************


After listening to the genre for about a month, I've found dat da songs are all slow song dat the tone will rise gradually until the end of da song. Listening to this genre really taught me to be patient and relax. I found dat it can a theraphy for me if I in stress moody and etcetera. There are a lot of theraphy out there and we just need to explore and try each one of them until we found one dat suits us da most. Some of us take shopping, reading as their theraphy in handling stressful life but as for me, I do enjoy in this way, by listening to musics. Wish I have an Ipod so I can store thousands of songs as I treasure them from time to time.

I love hunting good musics. It's kinda one of my passion.Luv it!



So, Let's Chillax !

p/s: Word spoken by dude from twilight. Can't remember his name. I think it is a combination of word chill an relax. Maybe.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails